Graduate and Professional School Services
Is graduate school for you?
Typically, over 25% of each graduating class from Hanover goes immediately on to advanced degree programs. Attending graduate or professional school can require a significant commitment of time and money; as you decide about grad school, some questions to consider include:
- Do you have a professional goal that requires this advanced degree?
- Do you have a deep intellectual interest in the subject matter?
- Is there a particular individual with whom you would like to study?
- Do your advisors, mentors, and other faculty who know you well encourage you in your goal?
- Do you have the academic credentials to earn funding, or will your (future) employer assist with costs?
Ways we can assist you:
The Levett Career Center supports students interested in pursuing graduate or professional school in several ways. For example, we provide:
- An annual Graduate and Professional School Fair.
- A Graduate School Guide filled with information to make the application process clearer for you.
- Preparation for the GRE, including workshops and a downloadable GRE flow chart.
- Resources about the LSAT, and other entrance exams.
- Critique of your admissions essays and curriculum vitae.
- Strategies to research a program that suits you.
- Mock interviews tailored to your program.
- An application timeline.
- Printed resources listing all accredited graduate and professional school programs in North America.
- Links to a variety of useful websites.