Career Center Quick Facts
A few highlights:
- The Levett Career Center co-sponsors 4 annual career and internship fairs targeting liberal arts students, and offers on-campus recruiting.
- Hanover offers 3 off-campus City Semester Programs, the Philadelphia Center, the Washington Center and the Chicago Program, through which students live and intern in a major US city, earning 4 credits, with costs comparable to Hanover's. (Financial aid transfers in nearly all cases).
- Over 50% of Hanover students have had an internship or other pre-professional experience by the time they graduate.
- Between 25% and 30% of new Hanover grads go straight on to graduate school.
- The first summer internship resulting in a credit overload is tuition-free.
- The College has a network of over 9,000 alumni who can answer students' questions or offer them help to enter their fields. The Career Center links seniors with alumni mentors in their career field who offer guidance and job search strategies throughout the year.
Additionally, the Levett Career Center:
- Provides guidance to students in choosing their major.
- Publishes a range of up-to-date career guides to walk students step-by-step through the job search process.
- Offers free individual interest tests and career counseling.
- Prepares students to apply to graduate school and provides entrance test preparation.
- Hosts an annual Graduate and Professional School Fair (see photo above).
- Offers résumé critiques, mock interviews, free faxes and phoning for job related calls, and an interview room for Skype interviews or if students want quiet and privacy during phone interviews.
- Provides workshops in job search, networking, resume writing, GRE preparation, interviewing, choosing a major or career, and other topics.
- Offers free comprehensive assistance to alumni.
- Offers over 50 events annually to answer students' career-related questions and get them started on their path to fulfilling work.