Assessing Transferable Skills
Return to Professional Competencies Overview
Here are some tips to help:
- Find at least one internship! Visit the Levett Career Center to get help with the search.
- Look for ways to be given additional responsibility in your current activities and jobs.
- Work to clarify your sense of what the field requires by having an informational interview with an alum in the profession. Ask them for strategies to gain related skills.
- Use O*Net to identify skills employers are seeking.
- Search for people in the field on LinkedIn and note the types of skills they list in their profile as well as the settings in which they gained those skills.
- Record your progress on your co-curricular portfolio under interpersonal development.